We finished up the rest of the items the baby will need on Saturday. We picked up some socks and were just amazed at how small they were. Then again, everything was small—from the shirts, pants, and caps. I guess it’s good that they’re small, otherwise the baby would have a hard time getting out of mommy.
Yesterday David took me to my second prenatal appointment. (That’s right! I’m pregnant, and over my first trimester at that!) We got to hear the baby’s heartbeat for the first time. I was so happy I cried.
People often ask the same questions so I’ll post some frequently said responses.
- No, we are not going to find out whether it’s a boy or girl until the baby’s born. We’ll be happy either way.
- Sorry, we’re not sharing names.
- My estimated due date is September 24th.
- Yes, we are very excited. It’s our first child and the first grandchild for both our parents!
- I had a lot of nausea. But I’m feeling better now.
- We don’t sleep much now anyways.
- Sure! We’ll take your baby stuff. But not too much stuff, we’re still in our apartment.