Looking back at my first year with you, all I can think of is how thankful I am to have you as a daughter. You are so sweet, beautiful, and funny—just like your mother.
My favorite memories of you so far:
- Singing to you after birth when you were in the NICU. You held my finger with your little fingers.
- Hearing you laugh for the first time in the bath tub when I snapped my fingers underwater.
- Listening to you laugh like a machine gun in your exersaucer battle station.
- Smiling, yelling, and offering strangers candy at WinCo
- Singing you to sleep in the middle of the night.
- Falling asleep with you when I sing you to sleep in the middle of the night.
- Having you crawl to me when I get home from work.
- You grabbing my index fingers to stand and walk.
- Putting you on my shoulders and having you play drums on my head or reign me in with my hair.
- Saying “Uh oh,” over and over again. Especially when you spill all your toys to the floor.
- How you light up Jenni’s eyes with joy because you’re her baby.
Your grandfather’s Chinese name for you is true. You are beautiful in every way. I couldn’t be a prouder and happier father because you are a dream come true.